George Richards, Jr. - Occupational Safety & Health Consultant with New Mexico OSHA will be the guest speaker for the August Chamber of Commerce Lunch Meeting on Thursday - August 1, 2019.
In a nut-shell, New Mexico OSHA wants employers to know that cost-FREE and penalty-FREE New Mexico OSHA Consultation Services are available to employers throughout the state.
- Employers collaborate with NM OSHA to conduct worksite visits and identify hazards, improving worksite safety and health for employees.
- Employers control the scope of the consultation visit; and consultants make observations ONLY within the parameters set by the requesting employer.
- Employers may be exempt from OSHA Enforcement inspections while participating in the consultation program, for up-to 1-year.
- Employer benefits include reduced days away from work, lower incident and illness rates, reduced losses, and increased productivity
- Consultation visit emphasis may range from a single safety program or health issue; to the safety and health program for an entire organization.